"Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 23 Sep 1996 08:09:00 EDT
>A problem has appeared in "my" mailinglist: Some participants get their
>mails "cut". Parts af the message simply disappears. Does anyone know why
>this happends, or what I can do to prevent it?

The usual reasons are an embedded (premature) end of message
indicator that was NOT "escapped" i.e., a period in the left-most
column followed by line-feed/carriage return; possibly a flakey
connection that terminated the reception of the message by the
recipient's mail system (or downloading thereof); finally, a
message too large for the recipients e-mail gateway.

--  co-owner:   INFOSYS, TQM-L, CPARK-L, ERAPPA-L, JANITORS, LDBASE-L, et -L
URL:mailto:[log in to unmask]                "I get paid by the millisecond"