Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 12 Oct 1992 17:47:55 +0100
On Mon, 12 Oct 1992 09:06:02 EDT Diane Kovacs <DKOVACS@KENTVM> said:

>Recently a person showed me how this might be done...but that it is easy
>to tell what  the real account originator was by  looking at the headers
>carefully.

This is  not generally  true, it depends  on how you  fake it.  There are
hardly  more complicated  methods which  cannot be  traced to  a username
without the cooperation  of the person in charge of  the source computer,
and then assuming  they keep logs long enough. An  expert with the proper
PC  hardware and  software will  fake  you something  that is  completely
undetectable.

  Eric