Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 7 Jul 2004 16:20:30 -0400
At 16:08 07/07/2004 Wednesday, Paul Russell wrote:
>It is also possible that the individual is subscribed to a sub-list of
>the list in question, but I would have expected the list owner to check
>that possibility during the initial stage of the investigation.

Good one! -- I sometime encounter that very situation: list-owner can't
find subscription of a permanently bouncing mailbox.  I do a mass delete:

DEL * bounce_userid@host

and "find" the subscription on various lists and sub-list, though not the
explicit list in question.

As a list-owner issued command, it may not delete the subscriber.

As a listserv-maintainer, bye-bye.

/Pete