Mike Holloway <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 22 Jul 1996 19:57:33 -0400
At 07:29 AM 7/23/96 +0900, you wrote:
>Periodically I'll have someone complain to me that, while they
>succeeded in subscribing, they are unable to post

I've often encountered a subscriber using their service's mail program
through a terminal program in order to subscribe, and then later use a POP3
mail program, like Eudora, after having put a different address in it's
configuration.  Usually I can convince them that [log in to unmask] is not
always the same as [log in to unmask] and get them to change the
Return address in their mail program.  Sometimes, particularly with my list,
there's a major problem with communication and it's just easier to change
their subscription to whatever address they're currently using.

Mike Holloway