Fri, 3 Sep 1999 02:42:35 -0700
On Thu, Sep 02, 1999 at 11:55:30PM -0400, Nathan Brindle wrote:

> I don't know who you talked to, but L-Soft most assuredly <does> have
> an answer.  The answer is that you can't do this with Eudora because
> Eudora does not generate Resent- headers when you forward the message
> back to LISTSERV.  (Although I think it's been discussed on this list
> how to force Eudora to do that in the past.)  The only mail program

Yes, it's been discussed, and Yes, Eudora can generate the required
"Resent-*" headers. Been there, done that, and I don't use Eudora --
or Windoze.

> The real solution to the problem is to change the message approval mode
> by adding the ",Hold" parameter to the Send= keyword so that all you
> have to do is send an "OK" back to approve the message.  The drawback
> is, of course, that you can't edit the message before approving it, but

"OK" is not adequate in some cases. Sometimes the list host may find
that it's easier to strip the quoted junk than it is to give posters a
clue -- like after a half-hour of CPR it's time to consider alternatives.

-rex (who runs linux and Mutt and edits headers at will)