Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 7 May 1997 10:35:02 -0400
At 09:58 5/7/97 EDT, you wrote:
>Not a LISTSERV problem, but ....
>
>We run LISTSERV ( with SMTP and LMAIL ) under VMESA
>
>I'm suddenly seeing more than one site ( incl AOL ) rejecting mail due
>to envelope problems !  Is this an anti-spam/anti-relay technique
>recently implemented ?  ( I THOUGHT we were fully RFC821/822 compliant ! )
>Is this an parm-controlable option in our SMTP ?  Any pointers/comments
>greatly appreciated !
>Error-Text: 553 <@CNSIBM.ALBANY.EDU:[log in to unmask]>...
>        Source routed envelope sender rejected (See RFC 822, section 6.2.7)

Recently AOL reported that they will NOT be a gateway to/thru other mail
clients.  I don't know what that does to the LISTSERV(TM) Distribute
Algorithm, or if they (AOL) have fully tweaked their filters.

/P

--
mailto:[log in to unmask]      Tel: +1 814 863 1843
31 Shields Bldg; University Park, PA 16802-1202 USA