Judith Hopkins <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 11 Sep 1995 22:25:11 EDT
On Mon, 11 Sep 1995 21:12:57 -0500 Winship said:
>On Mon, 11 Sep 1995, Larry Clark wrote:
>
>> Anyway, when I set up the list, I answered "yes" to two questions: 1) do I
>> want a confirmation every time someone joins the list, and 2) do I want the
>> sender's message to be sent back to the sender as well as the rest of the
>> members of the list.
>>
>> So far, I have received neither confirmations nor copies of the messages
>> which I have sent out.  Is there a command I can send which will enable
>> these two features?
>
>For the sender of the message to get a copy of the message sent to
>the list you need REPRO.  It's a subscription option.  You can set
>all your current subscribers to it by sending to the LISTSERV
>QUIET SET listname REPRO FOR *@*
>
>That won't take care of new subscribers, though.  For that, change your
>list header to read
>Default-Options= Repro
>
>I assume you can change your list headers.  If not, ask whoever set the
>list up for you to do it, please.
>
>Douglas
>       Douglas Winship   Hays County, Texas  [log in to unmask]
>                    Secondary AUTOCAT Listowner
>                              MEDLAB-L

  To supplement what Douglas said, even if your list already has the
default option of REPRO it may not have been applied to your subscription.
To check, send a message to the listserv saying:  query <listname>,
e.g.,  query autocat
Often when someone sets up a list for you he or she sets up your
subscription BEFORE specifying the various option defaults, including
REPRO.  The result is that the option applies to everyone but you,the
listowner.  I found this out the hard way with several small lists that
were set up for me.  I KNEW they were set up to REPRO, but I never got
copies of my own messages.  The option is forward looking; it applies
to everyone who subscribes AFTER it has been set up.

Judith Hopkins, Listowner of [log in to unmask]
  Internet: [log in to unmask]
  Bitnet:   ulcjh@ubvm