"Joel K. Furr" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 9 Feb 1995 14:43:47 -0500
Dorian Rysling Kim wrote:
->
->Well, this is all nice, but who's going to pay the lawyers' fees? C & S
->are rude, obnoxious pains, but we are sort of like the last of the
->Romans.. we don't have money to pay for our defense and soon we'll be
->beseiged by the barbarians. Oh wait.. Romans fell because they didn't
->want to pay for her defense.. Hmmm...

I'm going to go out on a limb here, but...

Speaking as a non-lawyer, it might be useful to get a legal defense fund
together for a test lawsuit against some spammer; I'd be willing to
contribute quite a lot of money and I imagine that we could get a big-ass
chunk of money from a lot of other people, too.  Then we'd sue someone as
a class-action suit, and when the courts found against the spammers, we'd
have a precedent on our side.