Chris Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 3 Feb 2006 11:02:17 -0600
Bill Brown <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> A brief read of the (Not_so)Goodmail site indicates it will only
> affect high volume message with graphics embedded in the mail (for
> now). Probably wont affect me too much as our lists are small -- only
> a few over 200 subscribers, and not too many are on AOL.

Maybe so, but AOL is already on my $hitlist.  It seems they (aol)
decided to rate limit the email they accept from my university (Texas
A&M).  Not only does it effectively kill the nearly 450+/- Listserv
lists here at TAMU, it is impacting personal email to aol addresses.

What's more, they have succeeded in getting *tamu.edu put into
bl.spamcop.net on a couple of occations over the past couple of weeks.

Yeah, AOL is definately on my $hitlist.
Hey - anyone at AOL on this list?  You've already lost about 100
subscribers just due to me.  (yes, I'm on a vendetta)

Chris Barnes                           AOL IM: CNBarnes
[log in to unmask]                Yahoo IM: chrisnbarnes
Computer Systems Manager               MSN IM: [log in to unmask]
Department of Physics                      ph: 979-845-7801
Texas A&M University                      fax: 979-845-2590