Eric Paul-Hus <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 15 Dec 1996 14:17:46 -0800
One thing I learned with AOL: Each time a user change is "screen name"
it changes the corresponding internet alias. Some do change quite often
and most of the times won't unsub before doing so ... When mail stops
they just re-sub with the new one ...

I wonder how many of them understand that they can have 5 of those
"aliases" ... And then maybe they change all 5 of 'em frequently.

Maybe you can suggest your AOL users to create a different "permanent"
alias for your list that will let them be "Potion#9","Beast666" or
"SaveRNRJ" while they go to theit favorite "chat room" whitout
disturbing their subs. It also gives them a list-specific mailbox (an
AOL user said to me limit is 550 pieces/mbox) ...

--
Eric Paul-Hus, list clerk.