Nick Laflamme <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 2 Feb 1995 08:05:00 EST
If you're going to have many editors for a list, that is, many folks
authorized to send to the list, would it make sense to make them members of
a different list instead of constantly working with the header of the list
in question?

For example, suppose you have a list, STATUS, to which only department
heads can send status reports.  Instead of listing twenty managers as list
editors, why not simply create a BOSSES list with all the department heads
on the list.  You can even set Mail=No and Files=No on BOSSES if you wish,
to emphasize that it's not for sending mail to all the department heads,
it's an authorization list for something else.  Then, in the header of
STATUS, you'd have:

* Editor = [log in to unmask],(BOSSES)

(Double check my syntax; I'm out of the list ownership business these days,
and I haven't kept copies of my references.)

Just a thought,
Nick