Andrew Morrow <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 16 Jun 1998 21:57:46 -0400
Robert A. Earl <[log in to unmask]> writes

> I have another, separate digest question.  I searched the
> Listserv-Lite and LSTOWN-L archives, and didn't see this come up
> - at least not in a way that seemed to apply here.
>
> I use Lite 1.8d - on a Linux system.
>
> A list on my server sent out empty digests - at least the MIME
> version showed up empty.

Was the digest _truly_ empty?  If you are using Pegasus Mail, try
holding down the Ctrl key as you Open the message from a folder
browser window -- the message will be opened as a "normal" message
instead of being displayed in a multipart browser window.

I've also reported a LISTSERV problem where a line of 32 dashes
(typically seen in signatures) is passed untouched by LISTSERV into a
digest and is interpreted as a digest terminator by any fully MIME-
compliant mail reader.

> I've verified my options.  I switched to regular today to test, and
> got an accurate MIME DIGEST of the traffic so far today, so I know it
> still works.  Is there any way to recover the digest that was sent out
> this morning, to see what it looked like?  The log file looks normal - it
> says what it always says about having sent out the digests.

Andrew.