Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 23:21:19 +0200
> You cant have a country list that e.g. says:
> * USA
> and it contains email addresses from all over the world.

But that is not the case. US, GOV, EDU, NET and COM point
to the US because there are domains that initially covered only
the US. I doubt you will find many non-US organisations with a
.GOV or .EDU domain, but .COM and .NET are now open to all.
They are still mostly in the US. LSOFT.COM for instance is in
the US, although I am in Sweden. Many companies (including
for instance Oracle or PWC) use a single domain for the entire
company regardless of country.

  Eric