Ian Fairclough <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 23 Sep 2005 10:29:49 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin Parris [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, September 23, 2005 9:35 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [LSTOWN-L] Posting directly yet on review?

Maybe your mention will move that request a little higher on the Feature
Request list.  Some time ago I had an exchange with the support folks on
the same issue - we have a situation where the desired behavior is for
*every message* regardless of origin to be submitted to *every
moderator* every time.

While we were running 1.8 the subscriber option REVIEW on those listed
as Moderators (they were NOT listed as Editors, they were ONLY
Moderators) produced the needed result, I think since the upgrade that
has changed - but they haven't mentioned anything to me yet.

If the definition of "Moderator= All," can't be adjusted to mean
exactly what it literally says, then I would like to see some new syntax
introduced that does in fact mean every message from any source will be
presented to every moderator.

At 16:18 9/22/2005 Thursday, Karen R wrote:

>Even as listowner I've had myself set to review to prevent sending
list commands to the list when I am in a hurry. I hope that isn't
considered a bug that will be fixed...

Or perhaps worse: being spoofed.

I am STILL disappointed that Editors' postings can't be moderated by
*all* "moderators="

Pete Weiss