Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 18 May 2006 06:21:21 -0400
At 23:24 5/17/2006 Wednesday, Sam Candle wrote:
>I would like to link (from an external site) to individual posts on a
>listserv.
>
>Is the address of the post unique and static overtime or can it change?
>
>If it changes, is there some other way of linking that will result in the
>same result over time?

Unless the design has changed, it is possible that the link will change, especially if the archives undergo purging of earlier posts.

If you site is indexed by GOOGLE, you might be able to design a simple SEARCH and use that for broadcasting reference to the article. It may be in its cache too.

Here is a simple GOOGLE SEARCH for postings by "ERIC THOMAS" (whose he?) that are linked to by URL peach.ease.lsoft.com and involve LSOWN-L:

http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&q=%22eric+thomas%22+lstown-l++site%3Apeach.ease.lsoft.com&btnG=Search

For a "shorter" URL:

http://tinyurl.com/ms7hs

/Pete