Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 29 Nov 2002 10:06:11 -0500
Some one or thing IS subscribed to your list that is forwarding to an
address in the domain of the target bounced addresses.  If it is a
"thing" like a list subscribed to your list, this is problematic.

Thus, if you can not find any subscribers in the UGA.EDU domain
(similarly in the CS.COM domain) or userid fragment e.g., DGO or D G O or
1722735 in any domain, then I suggest that you implement one of the PROBE
features of LISTSERV for your list.

Here's one that I use on a list:

Auto-delete= YES,Semi-Auto,Delay(4),Max(3),PROBE(30)

(this might take one month to be fully effective.)

IF you can find subscribers in those domains, then I suggest that you
email each a little administrivium asking them if they are still able to
receive distributions from your list.

You may be "rewarded"  with a "bounce" which should help you.

If you can NOT still find any, you might want to get the POSTMASTER at
each bouncing mail server involved to see if s/he can assist in searching
SMTP logs to see what site is forwarding to the "bad" userid.

YMMV.

/Pete