Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 23 Sep 2005 10:26:46 -0500
On 9/23/2005 8:35 AM, Kevin Parris wrote:
> Maybe your mention will move that request a little higher on the Feature
> Request list.  Some time ago I had an exchange with the support folks on
> the same issue - we have a situation where the desired behavior is for
> *every message* regardless of origin to be submitted to *every
> moderator* every time.
>
> While we were running 1.8 the subscriber option REVIEW on those listed
> as Moderators (they were NOT listed as Editors, they were ONLY
> Moderators) produced the needed result, I think since the upgrade that
> has changed - but they haven't mentioned anything to me yet.
>
> If the definition of "Moderator= All," can't be adjusted to mean
> exactly what it literally says, then I would like to see some new syntax
> introduced that does in fact mean every message from any source will be
> presented to every moderator.

'Moderator= All,...' does not mean that every message from any source is to
be submitted to the moderator(s) for approval. It means that every posting
approval request is to be sent to all addresses listed on the "Moderator="
statement. If 'All,' is omitted from the 'Moderator=' statement, and there
are multiple addresses listed on the 'Moderator=' statement, LISTSERV will
send each posting approval request to a single moderator address, using
the addresses in the 'Moderator=' statement in a round-robin fashion. To
the best of my knowledge, this has always been the case.

Reference: http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/1.8e/sitemgr/listkeyw.html#kModerator

--
Paul Russell
Senior Systems Administrator