John Lyon <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 29 Nov 2004 12:56:30 -0500
> On: Mon, Nov 29, 2004 at 10:01:57AM -0500,John Lyon Wrote:
>
> } I'm curious why you would set subscribed members to REVIEW, but
> } allow non- members to post freely. Perhaps this is something the
> } developers didn't think someone would do and didn't allow for it.
>
> John, that is not my intention.  Whats wrong?

The new "Non-Member" option allows (under certain circumstances) non-
members to post messages to the list as long as they Confirm the message.
At the same time you have subscribers set to Review.
Yes this (so far) keeps spammers messages from reaching the list and the
Moderator's mail box. However, I can post to your list right now!

With Send= Editor,  all mail addressed to the list goes to the  Moderator
for inspection. To eliminate non-member spam going to the Moderator, set
this:  Send= Private (or Private,Confirm)

Now set all Subscribers to REVIEW (if that's what you want)
QUIET set listname REVIEW for *@*

Now spam (non-member) posts will be rejected outright and all member posts
will go to the moderator. If you have complaint members, set them to
NOREVIEW and allow them to post freely.

Since this is a beta version, you should take threads like this to the
support list designated by your particular hosting service. I see you
already have a few confused :-)