"Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 17 Aug 1994 07:28:00 EDT
>i have noticed that most other lists, regardless of who the reply goes to
>are configured as
>reply-to= list,respect
>reply-to= sender,respect

>whereas ours currently is

>reply-to= list,ignore

>having never made changes to this before, I don't know what 'respect'
>and 'ignore' refer to, and don't want to make a change I will regret.
>ould someone briefly tell me what the 'ignore' refers to?

The first operand refers to the default REPLY-TO: field generated
by LISTSERV for your list's distributions.  The second refers to
how/if LISTSERV will over-ride this default behaviour if and only
if it finds a valid REPLY-TO: in the original posting.

RESPECT means "allow LISTSERV to use the original posting's REPLY-TO:"

IGNORE means ignore (or as Rodney Dangerfield might say "I don't get
       no respect").

It has been my experience that changing from LIST to SENDER tends to
"break" certain PMDF configurations.  I don't remember exactly how,
but some subscribers where unhappy.  (Some systems do not display
the headers, thus SET list DUALHDR might be appropriate for them.)

--  co-owner INFOSYS, TQM-L, CPARK-L, ERAPPA-L, JANITORS, LDBASE-L, et -L
[log in to unmask] "No joyriders on the Info Super Hiway!"+1 814 863 1843
31 Shields Bldg. -- Penn State Univ -- University Park, PA 16802-1202 USA