Roger Burns <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 23 Oct 1992 02:27:18 EDT
I'm on the verge of linking my list to a USENET newsgroup, at the request
of several subscribers -- we've discussed this on my list.
I've been warned about how the nature of our list discussions may
change and that there may be troublesome flames, etc.  With this
in mind, I'm thinking of setting up some simple rules for the
list (which is and shall remain unmoderated).

Where can I find discussions and/or examples about rules that have
been tried on other lists?  If this has been discussed a lot beforehand
I would appreciate anyone suggesting when this may have been discussed
in depth, in order to help me in doing a search of the LSTOWN-L archives.

Any other advice about linking a list to a USENET newsgroup will be
appreciated.  BTW I'll mention that 1st we will be setting up a
newsgroup to be (probably) named alt.med.cfs and this is intended
to be temporary until we can go through the long process of setting
up a sci.med.cfs.discuss .  I'll also be doing something similar for
my newsletter CFS-NEWS, except that it is moderated (actually, it's just
a transmission vehicle for the newsletter) and the temporary link
will instead be to a bit.listserv.* newsgroup.

Roger Burns      [log in to unmask] / [log in to unmask]
Editor, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Electronic Newsletter
Listowner, CFS-L discussion
CFS-NEWS and CFS-L, both on LISTSERV at NIHLIST.BITNET or LIST.NIH.GOV