Stratton Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 09:02:34 -0400
this digest problem(huge file that keeps building and doesn't truncate
daily) that has been occurring on a list i admin has the best of me.  i
manually cleared the .digest file off the server but then found that the
list locked up afterward.  so i looked at some of the other files on the
server and found the .subject file which had subject headers for all the
digest files that were part of the huge digest.  so i cleared that file off
the server and the list still locks up.  so i turned the digest feature off
and the list works fine in that mode.  can anyone tell me what these two
files should have in them as defaults?  anyone have any idea what might be
causing my list to lock when it tries to load to the .subject and .digest
files?  thanks once again...

stratton

cs:  'temperamental'...ebtg