Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 10:27:39 -0500
I am a co-owner of an active list with a number of opinionated and vocal
subscribers, several of whom have no qualms about pointing out perceived
violations of list rules, netiquette, or their own arbitrary standards.
One subscriber has taken it upon himself to post a monthly analysis of
list activity that includes a list of the Bottom 10 Posters by Original
Content Ratio.

The combined effect of these peer review (or peer abuse) techniques tends
to reduce the level of list owner effort required to maintain a semblance
of order on the list. With the exception of the occasional promiscuous OOF
sender, whom we set to DIGEST, we seem to have few problems that require
list owner intervention.

Lest you get the impression that we rely solely on the vigilante tactics
of our subscribers, it should be noted that the list is configured with
a message size limit of 200 lines and a daily posting limit of 8 messages
per subscriber.

--
Paul Russell