Fri, 2 Dec 1994 12:27:12 -0500
>FYI....to me this is on the lines of the infamous "Green Card Lawyers".
>Apparently you are going through the Bitnet listserv list one letter
>at a time.  The only thing I can think of as being worse would be if
>I forwarded a copy of this note to all netcom.com subscribers....  :-(
>
>I have filtered the userid "[log in to unmask]" from my mailing list...
>I can only assume that others will also.  One is tempted to filter out
>the entire node "netcom.com" from my list.....but I am hoping that perhaps
>netcom.com can educate its users that this type if spamming is not good
>netiquette.
>
>Regardless of what is decided/done, I though you might want to take a look
>at this.

We've received and read with interest your comments about our recent
posting to inform education professionals about how to obtain a free
subscription to Syllabus by e-mail. First, we'd like to assure you that our
intentions are to make sure that people who are interested in educational
technology hear about the magazine and have the opportunity to request to
receive Syllabus. Secondly, we'd like to point out that Syllabus magazine
is offered FREE to qualified education professionals. Thirdly, we'd like
you to know that we try to target only the owners of selected lists, rather
than posting to the lists directly, in an effort to allow list owners or
moderators to screen as appropriate.

This is not an attempt to sell subscriptions over the Internet. We're sorry
if this announcement is considered offensive by anyone, but we do want to
distribute our message to those who might benefit from receiving it.

Syllabus Press

Syllabus Press