Bill Verity <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 13 Dec 1995 15:05:00 EST
Sometimes nodes leave BITNET without being "good neighbors".  Any
way of correcting the problem after the fact?  Could I add an entry
manually to the BITEARN NODES file and supply the :newnode. tag myself?
Then take it out after LISTSERV has done its thing.

  - - The original note follows - -

Date: Wed, 13 Dec 1995 11:55:02 -0400 (EDT)
From: Jim Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Delivery error report from PSUVM.PSU.EDU
Sender: [log in to unmask]
To: Bill Verity <[log in to unmask]>

Bill,

Yes I know... seems as if we dropped our CREN membership without telling
anyone at our site (including me!!)  The addresses snyoneva or
snyoneva.bitnet no longer are in the BITNET tables.  Valid addresses are
now only oneonta.edu or snyoneva.cc.oneonta.edu.  I wish there was a way
I could tell ALL LISTSERVers this globally, but I cannot figure out how.
Do you know a way?

Thanks for the note...

|   James B. Greenberg                (607) 436-2701 phone        |
|   Assistant Director Computing Services                         |
|   Fitzelle 204, SUNY Oneonta, Oneonta New York 13820            |
|   Internet: [log in to unmask]                                |
|   Ignorance is curable, stupidity is forever.                   |