Thu, 22 Sep 2005 16:18:01 -0400
Hal Keen wrote the following on 9/22/2005 3:59 PM:
>>A subscriber on "review" was able to post directly to the list
>>(message did not come to me for approval).

> I think I was the last person to bring this up. You and I were both guilty
> of treating a design bug as a feature, according to the designer, who
> eventually "bit the bullet" and fixed it. See

I've never used the Editor feature. My list is private; subscriber posts
only. All new subscribers are on Review until they have demonstrated that
they are not spammers and are able to trim quoted portions. The relevant
header lines are:

Send= Private
Notify= Yes
Reply-to= sender,respect Files= No
Confidential= Yes Validate= No X-Tags= Yes
Stats= Normal,Private Ack= No
Default-Options= Repro,FullHDR,SUBJECTHDR,REVIEW

Even as listowner I've had myself set to review to prevent sending list
commands to the list when I am in a hurry. I hope that isn't considered a
bug that will be fixed...
--
Karen Reznek