Russ Hunt <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 29 Jun 1999 14:50:02 -0300
Frank FitzMaurice wrote:

I don't know how it _could_ stop them if they're set to pick up the
address of the original sender and respond to that -- LISTSERV would
have nothing to do with it (just as though _you_ decided to reply off
list).

> I still think the filter was supposed to stop these - but maybe my
> understanding was wrong. L-Soft?

And many of the folks who write those programs discovered that they
cluttered lists up unbelievably, and decided to try to write them to
bypass the list for just that reason.

> I find it a little interesting that these get sent to the poster. On my
> list, I have a different reply to address but I guess some mail systems
> don't see it or respond to it.

You'd have to know how the program was written.  Me, I could get along
without them altogether . . .

                                        -- Russ