Rich Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 1 Oct 1998 22:09:08 PDT
I have noticed something different in the headers the last few weeks.
On some lists,  the "Sender:" and "From:" lines were broken into two
lines, something like:

From: "L-Soft list server at University of Arkansas (1.8c)"

With white space properly indicating the continuation.  Now, its coming
out as one long line with white space imbedded,  as if the line-end
character(s) at the end of the first line were missing.  Something like:

From: "L-Soft list server at University of Arkansas (1.8c)"         <[log in to unmask]>

At first I was seeing this on only the Lsoft servers and assumed it was
something in the latest 1.8d build.  However, unless the headers are
lying, its also affecting the 1.8c server (VM platform I think) at Uark.
(Unless they just went 1.8d and didn't change the header.)

Is this a bug or intentional?  I had to adjust some of my scripts that
counted so many lines down.

--
Rich Greenberg    Work:  PM0RMG atsign WSPVM1.worldspan.com   +1 770-563-6656
N6LRT   Marietta, GA, USA   Play: richgr atsign netcom.com    +1 770-321-6507