Spiros Liolis <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 10 Aug 1994 12:34:23 EDT
Good day,

I'm cross posting this to the two major lists about LISTSERV and LISTOWNERS.
I was thinking that since many people use the listname-request to do their
subscription requests (for sub_by_owner lists) or other requests that
require owners intervention, why not create a template to use a standard
output also.

For example when you send a sub request to listserv, listserv sends a copy
to the Owner saying that so and so requested subscription. And in order to
facilitate the task you can forward the mail back replacing the X's with the
list password.

So anytime someone uses listname-request for subscription that same mail
will be sent to the Owner. Then the Owner can forward the mail back to
Listserv, having already replaced the X's with the list password.

Is this feasible/possible/under_construction ???
What do you think about it?

Spiros Liolis