John Witherspoon <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 17 Jun 1998 08:46:31 -0400
Just wondering if anyone has any experiences with Lyris (mailing list
software that functions similar to Listserv).

I have been told by someone who's run lists and administered software on
both programs that he is more impressed with Lyris.  He claims Lyris is
more customizable than Listserv, and the Lyris unlimited list, unlimited
user per list version is only $2995 (one time fee).

He also tells me the next beta of lyris is going to have a "percentage of
quote rejection" setting on a per list basis.  You can have lyris reject an
incoming message if it has more than a given percentage of the lines in it
starting with > - no messages containing 60 lines of quoted material
followed by "yeah, me too!"  That's certainly something I'd love to see on
Listserv.

Don't get me wrong -- I am not an unhappy Listserv list owner; I am just
curious about what others think.

-- John