Randy Klumph <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 14 Sep 2005 12:37:36 -0700
(Reply from Randy Klumph)

I only use it when I'm on someone else's machine - it is a pain. The
lists I host are all related to deafblindness. Many of my users are
deafblind and some have very limited mobility. Typing can be laborious.
To require logins each time would be yet another barrier for them to
overcome. Perhaps the solution is to make expiring cookies an *option*
that the site maintainer can choose, or leave as is.

  - Hal Keen wrote:
>Ever actually tried it? It's an amazing pain to use.
>
>The thing is, cookies can be designed with short expiration dates. A
>one-day
>login shouldn't be unreasonable as a site default.

Regards,
Randy Klumph

Teaching Research Institute
Western Oregon University