Glenn Alperin <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 17 Jun 1998 13:59:37 -0500
A slightly seperate issue with full names which I think I asked a while
back but never really got an answer to.

I noticed that the archives for my list seem to generate "contributors to
the list" based upon their use of the "Personal-Name" header in their own
e-mail programs.  As a result, on viewing the archives, the following
people are all considered different by listserv even though they have the
same exact e-mail address:

[log in to unmask] John Doe
[log in to unmask] J. Doe
[log in to unmask] John D.

etc.

So while using an actual first and last naem can be good for solving
problems with subscribers, it can be really confusing for following
contributors to a particular list by looking at the list archives.

Why does listserv choose to implement digests my personal name instead of
by e-mail address?

Glenn Alperin