John Witherspoon <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 18 Jun 1998 18:23:36 -0400
Isn't the whole point of making the 1.8c manual available for download in
Microsoft Word format (or one the other formats available from the L-soft
web site) so that people can print it out as a file?

I'm not sure why anyone would print the HTML copy from the screen; I'm not
sure why anybody would read the Word formatted copy from the screen.

The hard copy of the Word formatted manual is great for reading in bed (or
wherever else you do your technical reading); the HTML manual viewed via a
web browser is great for searching and jumping to keywords without having
to scan 200 pages of text or consult an (inadequate?) index.

-- John