Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 16 Jul 1996 18:27:54 EDT
On Tue, 16 Jul 1996 15:01:03 -0600 Shelby Potts said:
>I am a new list-owner and am caught in an instruction circle.  In editing
>submissions to the list I get sent a message telling me to use the "ok"
>mechanism to submit the posting to the list.  If I don't know how to use the
>"ok" mechanism I should refer to the manual.  I refer to the manual and it
>tells me that the message will tell me how to utilize the "ok" mechanism.

You must have an old copy of the manual.  This was fixed months ago.  Did
you see chapter 2.11.7?  If you want a newer copy, see
http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/ownerindex.html .

>The question is - how do I utilize the "ok" mechanism?
>Secondly, If I don't want to edit the list any more and do not wish to
>assign the editing to another person, can I set the Editor= to a blank or
>delete the line entirely?

Yes, but if Send= isn't set to "Editor" it doesn't really matter whether
the line is there or not.

>While I am asking questions...What does the line
>"[log in to unmask],ignore" do?

It means that, for users whose mail software understands the "Reply-To:"
header in their mail, when they hit the "reply" button their responses
will go back to [log in to unmask] rather than back to the list, and if
their mail software inserts a "Reply-To:" header in their mail, LISTSERV
will ignore it and insert "Reply-To: [log in to unmask]" instead.

Again, in the current version of the manual this is explained much more
clearly (I think:).

Nathan