Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 12 Jul 1994 11:58:47 EST
I don't know the technical answer, but I can tell you that we have some
users here in the engineering department who can log in either in the
engineering building cluster--in which case their finger information
gets updated, last login on such and such a date, etc.--or can log in
from a networked cluster somewhere else on campus, in which case their
finger info does <not> get updated.  I noticed this when I was working
with an engineering student who was a member of my fraternity.  She'd
send me mail, I'd check to see if she was still online, and it would
claim she hadn't been logged in since two weeks ago or whatever.

The upshot of this is that the user probably is using his account--
it's the administration of that finger data that's FUBAR.

BITNET:  NBRINDLE@INDYCMS  --------------------  Internet:  [log in to unmask]
Nathan C. Brindle, Student Activities Office
Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis
Staff Advisor, Alpha Phi Omega Nat'l Service Fraternity, Tau Omicron Chapter
List Manager, ACCESS-L, BRTHPRNT, EXCEL-L@INDYCMS and other lists
Disclaimer:  My opinions are my own.  Indiana University can speak for itself.