Mentor Cana <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 11 Dec 1995 13:58:00 -0500
On Mon, 11 Dec 1995, Mark Hunnibell wrote:
> Please bear in mind that the person who initiated this thread was
> concerned about proper storage of files containing some Albanian language
> characters.  Barring using the methods I decribed several days ago, the
> only solution at this point is to use BITNET to store the files and then
> F=MIME to get them... or you will just have to wait for 1.8c.

  Yes it was me. For now we are using the plain characters instead of the
  real ones ("e with two dots" as only "e" and the "c with a hook under
  it" as only "c"). To the Albanian speaking subscribers it is not a problem
  to understand this. Many subscribers on the ALBANIAN list write with QP
  characters, the messages get distributed through the list with not problem
  (maintaining the QP or Base64 encoding). But, then they are not able to
  get the same logs from the archive. This kind of problems probably have
  been encountered with other languages as well. So, the addition of the QP
  and Base64 coding in the new version of the listserv is a must.

  Anyone has any idea when the new version (1.8c?) will be out?

sincerely,
====================== List Owner: ALBANIAN, AlbaNews ======================
Mentor Cana  *---> Graduate Student <----*|"Microsoft gives you the Windoze,
Stevens-Tech, Hoboken, NJ                 | IBM gives you the entire Palace.
[log in to unmask]         | Running OS/2 at the WARP speed"
http://menger.eecs.stevens-tech.edu/~cana/