Russ Hunt <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 13 Sep 2005 17:09:18 -0300
This doesn't seem to be on the main page for the list I'm working
with:

> You mean like the "Get a LISTSERV password for this server" link
> that's on the main page and links to the GETPW1 function?

http://listserv.unb.ca/archives/stlhe-l.html

So perhaps Paul (or Francoise; I seem to have lost who said what) is
right; I'll check with the site admin (though my sense is that they
haven't messed with LISTSERV).

> Perhaps the site administrator has customized the home page and
> removed that link. In any event, if you want to provide someone with a
> direct link to the 'get password' web page, the URL should be:
> 	http://$hostname/cgi-bin/wa?GETPW1
> where $hostname is your LISTSERV server's hostname.

My own fault, I'm sure, but I can't parse that; would someone tell me
offline what that URL ought to be for listserv.unb.ca?  (I find it
about impossible to get to the password screen because my browsers are
all supplying listowner passwords behind the screen.)

-- Russ

Russell Hunt
Department of English
St. Thomas University