Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 10 Oct 1999 09:59:01 -0400
At 09:09 10/10/1999 Sunday , Pat Wolf wrote:
 >On 10 Oct 99, at 8:40, Pete Weiss wrote:
 >
 >> At 15:39 10/09/1999 Saturday , Pat Wolf wrote:
 >>
 >>  >My list (OES-L) has the following in its header:
 >>  >
 >>  >   Send=private
 >>  >   [log in to unmask] (this changes depending on the work load)
 >>
 >> Your forgot to explicitly mention about your list definition:
 >>
 >> * Default-options= Digest,Review,Repro,Subjecthdr
 >
 >
 >That's it. But would you please clarify the significance of this?
 >
 >I guess I don't understand what that has to do with editing some
 >messages. It would seem to me that it doesn't matter whether the
 >"Review" setting is in the default or is turned on for some listers
 >later on.

It was more a clarification of your statement (which I should have quoted)

 >These settings allow us to put everyone on review intially and take
 >them off as they get used to the Topics.

Or more narrowly "these settings"  That is, you omitted showing the
settings that allow you to put everyone on REVIEW initially(something
that we do on a particular list) -- a very valuable method to
short-circuit those hit-and-run spammers on SUBSCRIPTION= OPEN
SEND=PRIVATE lists.