Eric Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 22 Jan 2012 13:02:44 -0600
> I have found the delete post quite useful, especially when a member's
> email account has been hacked for spam purposes. BUT that function only
> deletes the message from the archive. When I delete it before the digest
> is compiled that message still shows up in the digest. Is there a way to
> keep these messages from being "digested"?

I would guess that a single word applies....Nope. That's one reason why
I refuse to delete messages. What I do instead is to move an account to
review if that account is causing a problem.

In it's simplest form, the problem with deleting messages is that you
get the online message base and the emailed version out of synch. This
can lead to some subscribers referencing a message that others don't
have and soon you'll have a real "blow-up" on your hands. It's easier to
simply place the account on review. I've had an email list with LSoft
for 15+ years with about a 1000 members from all over the world. The
members all know this is the policy and they rarely even need to be
reminded that I take these steps.

Eric Johnson