"Gary Frishman, MD" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 27 Sep 2000 15:26:25 -0400
Thanks
Gary Frishman

On 26 Sep 00, Dennis Budd wrote:

> Just to be clear here, you mean using Pegasus's "forward without
> change" (I forget exactly what it's called in Pegasus, but it does the
> same thing as a "bounce"), and not Pegasus's normal forwarding
> function, which allows you to edit the forwarded message but also
> includes it in your own mail envelope.

If you forward from the folder window with the message selected, or in the
message reader and leave "edit before forwarding" unchecked, Pegasus will
use Resent- headers, and will not allow editing.  If you forward in the
message reader and check "edit before forwarding" then you get a new
envelope, and can edit the message.

Since I filter most incoming mail into folders, editing the original
message is tough.  To do the kind of editing described here I would
forward using the first method, then edit the output file (.PMX I think)
before sending -- assuming "send immediately" is turned off.

-----
Tom Rawson           [log in to unmask]