Eugenio Gatto <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 16 Jul 1996 18:10:43 GMT+1
--- Multiple approval / Eugenio Gatto. - Torino, 1996-07-16

"3. In the case of review ... c. If neither Editor nor Moderator is
defined, it will send to ALL non-quiet owners"
["Question of ambiguity" / S Merchant, LSTOWN-L, 1996-07-15]

Only to first owner, otherwise the message has good chances to be
approved multiple times. And also with SEND=EDITOR,HOLD such a chance
remains, because a message could be multi-approved multiple via RESENDs,
even if the copy held by LISTSERV has already found its way to the list.

Perhaps LISTSERV could rely on its duplicate detection mechanism for
rejecting such "doubly approved messages". Since it could inadvertedly
happen even with a single editor, I'd like to know more about it: but,
in this degenerated case, rejection could simply be based on
reappearance of an expired approval code.

Mmm ... more questions than answers ... I miei saluti.

<-- Eugenio Gatto <[log in to unmask]>, <[log in to unmask]>