David O'Donnell <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 15 Sep 1995 14:35:06 -0400

>Well today, I get the attached.  Actually several.  So I try phoning AOL's
>800 #.  What a joke!  So I pressed at least 10 keys on their voicemail to
>try to talk to a human.  I was finally told to call a different number!
>After several keys on the second number, I was told that the wait was 5
>minutes.  Now 10 minutes later, I'm still listening to lousy classical
>music.
>
>I feel fortunate that I am not a member.
>
>Just got through.  The CSR said he'd "report it".  Oh well.

This is the same problem I reported earlier this week: our mail gateway
machines are under extreme load levels right now, and as a partial result
hardware failures are occurring. Additional gateway machines are being added
to help lower the overall load to levels under those which cause the hardware
failure (and bounced mail).

Customer Relations should have been apprised of this situation, and will be
reminded of it when I finish this message.

--
__ David B. O'Donnell ([log in to unmask], [log in to unmask])
\/ AOL Internet Feedback/Response/Information Team Manager