Mark Hunnibell <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 6 Dec 1995 21:16:03 -0500
Hello:

On Wed, 6 Dec 1995, Patrick Douglas Crispen wrote:

> Is it possible to set up an AFD so that the subscribers can get the
> updates to a whole bunch of files with only one subscription?

Yes.

The format of the AFD command is:

AFD ADD FILENAME FILETYPE LISTNAME pw=personalpassword

Assuming you wanted to get copies of all files from a given list
archives, you could say:

AFD ADD * * LISTNAME pw=personalpassword

If you had a series of help files that were named accordingly, you could say:

AFD ADD * HELP* LISTNAME pw=personalpassword

AFD will only work (I think) with the VM version of LISTSERV.

Cheers

Mark Hunnibell                  Email: [log in to unmask]
KIDLINK Gopher/WWW Coordinator  http://www.connix.com/~markh/index.html