Fred H Olson <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 13 Dec 2001 16:03:45 -0600
It seems that the Listserv "archives" page serves as the "home page" for
most Listserv lists.  But I have been unable to put more than the one line
of list description on that page for my list. How I can edit my Listserv
list's "archives page" to have useful additional, supplimental list
description and links?

I had about concluded that it was not possible with just web and email
list management access. All the Listserv lists I've looked at have one
line of description and the standard links (Search, Post, Join,&
Manage...) I have looked at numerous list's archives pages and read some
of Listserv's massive documentation, looked at the 'www templates' editing
via the web (cant find a template that corresponds to the archives page)
and asked my listserv admin.  I tried searching Lstown-L's archives for
"list description" and a couple other phrases and did not come up with
anything)

But I found an exception - Lstown-L's archives page:
http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/archives/lstown-l.html
which has the following:

  LSTOWN-L is a give-and-take forum for list owners whose mailing lists
  run on L-Soft international's LISTSERV product.

  Subscription to the LSTOWN-L list is free. See below for signup/signoff
  instructions.

plus other variations to the usual archives page format including non
standard links.

My list is http://mail.tc.umn.edu/archives/nbhd-l.html

Any suggestions?

Fred

--
Fred H. Olson  Minneapolis,MN 55411   (near north Mpls)
[log in to unmask] 612-588-9532 (7am-10pm Cent time)