Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 28 Jul 2001 23:29:53 -0400
There are valid reasons why one might want to configure a list with
'Send=Public'. For example, our domain's abuse address is forwarded to a
LISTSERV list configured with 'Send=Public'. The subscriber list includes
network and system administrators who can address the types of problems
that are likely to be reported to that address. When someone reports a
problem originating from our domain, we want the problem report distributed
immediately. We do not want it to languish in an editor's mailbox awaiting
review and approval. We are not overly concerned that the list will be
abused by spammers. Spammers may be stupid (rule #1), but few of them are
stupid enough to spam an abuse address.

-- pdr

--
Paul Russell