Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 30 Dec 1995 11:45:31 EST
On Sat, 30 Dec 1995 04:35:07 -0500 Huy Vu <[log in to unmask]> said:

>Has anyone tried  doing a mass subscription import  (300+) into Listserv
>using the ADD command and gotten weird results (like Listserv forgetting
>your personal password)?

Actually, a 100,000 user import is one of the tests that we run regularly
before releasing  new builds,  and several  customers have  imported real
lists of 50,000 users or more. From  time to time we run a 1,000,000 user
import.

>After sending it to listserv, the  reply would come back saying user1 to
>user299  were  subscribed  but  user300  (I'm  not  sure  on  the  exact
>numbering)  and everyone  afterwards could  not be  added because  of an
>invalid password  (the log  says the  same thing).  I know  the password
>isn't wrong because I used to same macro to spit out the above strings.

The macro could have done something wrong.

>So I try to find out from Listserv  what it had for my password. Well it
>came back and said that there wasn't a password for me!

Did you *have* a personal password when  you started this, or did you use
the list password?

Anyway, it's  impossible to say much  about this without seeing  the full
log. You say that at some point  it started saying that you had the wrong
password. Well,  just before that  it probably said  something important.
Also, are you running LISTSERV off an NTFS partition?

  Eric