"Stephen W. Thompson" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 26 Jul 1994 13:34:55 -0400
The conversation about RENEWAL made me remember a question I had a while
back but forgot to send in.

On my list we used RENEWAL, followed by a ton of SUBSCRIBES coming
directly to me.  I decided to try the command language to subscribe
them all at once.  Why, for the following two jobs, was only the first
part of the job run?  I assume I blew the syntax, but got no notice
that the second part failed.  (The "|" marks are to prevent LISTSERV
from interpreting *this* message as a job.  I've anonymized the
userid's.)

++++ This double job message is what I sent to LISTSERV@UIUCVMD: ++++

| //ListSrch1 JOB Echo=no
| add quaker-l [log in to unmask] Subscriber1 Lastname1
| //  EOJ
|
| //ListSrch2 JOB Echo=no
| add quaker-p DD=Names2
| //Names2 DD *
| [log in to unmask] Subscriber2 Lastname2
| [log in to unmask] Subscriber3 Lastname3
| [log in to unmask] Subscriber4 Lastname4
| [log in to unmask] Subscriber5 Lastname5
| /*
| //  EOJ

++++ And this is the reponse received: ++++++

Subscriber1 Lastname1 <[log in to unmask]> has been added to the QUAKER-L
list.
Notification has been sent to [log in to unmask]

That is, I didn't get anything about the second job.  Why didn't it run?

En paz,
Steve
--
Stephen W. Thompson, U. of PA, Data Administration, 215-898-1236
E-mail (MIME): [log in to unmask] -OR- [log in to unmask]