Maureen Leblanc <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 15 Feb 1995 22:11:23 EDT
Hi Folks.

I rec'd a plea from a subscriber to HWY61-L digest, and just frankly
don't have a clue as to what happened to this person's digest. No one
else had a problem, and my own came through fine as well. Marty's
however, really was cut off suddenly.

What intrigues me here is the mention of filtering control characters.
May I say, in an academic setting, *duh*?

Enclosed is his note to me, followed by the post where his digest was
interrupted. I've looked through my own copy of the digest, and cannot
find anything unusual at all in the message that was so rudely interrupted.
Any ideas on what might've happened? (I can see that there may have been a
tab here, but is that "officially" a control character?)

All input vastly appreciated!

Maureen

>Maureen,
>
>As listowner for the new HWY61-digest, I'm hoping you can help...
>Attached is a copy of the latest digest received.  As you can see, it
>as cut-off at post #30 even though the contents listing shows a total
>of 47 posts.
>
>My guess is that there is some kind of control character in the post
>that caused this cut-off.  I have experienced similar probs on other
>listserv mailing lists, particularly Blues-l and PearlJam-l.
>
>If you could check and see that HWY61 is filtering out control
>characters and such, it would be most appreciated.
>
>Thanks!
>Cheers,
>- marty

-------------- Begin edited section from HWY61-L digest ---------------

[...]

>There are 54 messages totalling 1403 lines in this issue.

[...]
> 30. blood on the tracks line

>Subject: Re: blood on the tracks line

>> : I was listening to the aldum cut of Idiot WInd today and a line hit
>> : me sideways and I wondered what the group thought about it.  It's
>> : in the 4th verse:
>> :      "...and cover up the truth that lies"

This is where Marty's HWY61-L digest quits, and here's what follows of
the interrupted post.