Amy Stinson <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 30 Dec 1997 13:19:04 +0000
On 30 Dec 97 at 12:23, Alperin, Glenn wrote:

> If you modify your list header to say the following:
>
> * Reply-to= List,Ignore
>
> it should solve any reply-to problems.  The net result will be that
> all messages will be sent back to the list making private responses more
> difficult if warranted though, and all reply-to headers will be completely
> ignored.
>
> Glenn

Maybe I didn't make my self clear.  They can't even get subscribed
because of this problem, much less post.    I need to tell them where
they need to fix this reply-to problem.  It's in the headers.
LISTSERV will not process requests mail on any mail with incomplete
headers.  Microsoft mail in 99% of the instances has a <@domain.com>
in its reply-to area which causes an automatic rejection of that
request.

Here's an example:

------------- Message causing the problem (17 lines)--------------