Wayne Chung <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 10 Sep 2007 05:52:40 -0400
A number of our users want to have easily citeable uri link to individual
archive posts. I can achieve by having a citeable link shown on the archive
template and redirect using mod_write e.g.

#example link
http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa.exe?A2=ind0709&L=LSTOWN-L&amp;P=1537

#on BODY-A2-BOTTOM template
http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/archives/&+CGI(L);/&+CGI(A2);/&+CGI(P);.html

  => http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/archives/LSTOWN/ind0709/1537.html

#rewrite
RewriteRule Ø/archives/(.+)/(.+)/(.+)\.html$
/cgi-bin/webadmin?A2=$2&L=$1&P=$3 [R]

The problem I'm having is the P value from the querystring which identify
the post isn't persistent due to indexing if a previous post in the archive
is deleted. Is there not way to identify a particular post? Has anyone
looked into this and found a solution?

Also, I've noticed that the RSS feeds now have a summary of the post rather
than just displaying the From: Author. Is this a new feature in version 15.5
or a setting in version 15.0?

Wayne