Andrew Bosch <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 26 Jul 2012 14:43:32 +0000
Check this ISC diary page for some more information:

https://isc.sans.edu/diary/Spot+the+Phish+Verizon+Wireless/13477

I think the point of the huge bill amount is to get you to click the link without thinking.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2012 9:20 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: spoofed Verizon Wireless bill

LSTOWN-L readers:

Someone just spammed/spoofed/hacked a Verizon Wireless bill using subject line Your Bill Is Now Available and the domain verizonwireless.com.  It looks very suspiciously like the real thing.  No, I didn't click on any links!

The amount of the "bill" is displayed as  $2268.17.  It could cause users to panic and click on the View your Bill link.

Ian Fairclough - George Mason University - [log in to unmask]

write to: mailto:[log in to unmask]
or click the following link: